Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Runin' Around

On my last day of teaching classes for this term before the break, my school of choice Githima Primary, hosted a track competition for itself and five other schools. I got to stick around, root on some of my students, meet teachers from the other schools and take some cool pictures. I had to leave early cause I had a meeting so I missed the high jump but there is always next season. 


Our score board.


All of the Githima Primary School athletes that were competing.



The Male Javelin Competition.



See what I was saying about malnutrition?



The starting line of the Men's 10,000 meter.


Not a shoe to be seen.



This one is my student in class 7. He is such a bro. He always participates in class and regulates when the kids swarm me.




 "Teacher? Do you want us to make these girls stop disturbing you?"
My female body guards. When the kids from the other schools started swarming me and grabbing my hair my Class 7 students came to my rescue. 



The girl in front in maroon winning the Female 100 Yard Sprint is in one of my Class 8s.



This one is running in jeggings!!! We shall call her Heat Rash.



One of the few girl athletes not wearing a modesty skirt.



This one is as skinny as the javelin.



The one in pink is my student. This picture was actually a false start on his part, but he looks cool in the lead.

1 comment: