Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Your face will get stuck like that.

A lot of my day to day now is spent culturally adapting. I have to take a lot of things in stride. In the last couple of months I have noticed that the cultural stuff that I'm trying to get over and/or change can boil down to things that your mom use to yell at you from the other room, in public or in front of your friends.  

Don't Stare:
As someone new in a community that doesn't speak the language, doesn't look like anyone else and has to muster up a lot of zest to leave her house to do simple simple tasks, could you please not make it any worse by assuring I have an audience for everything I do.
Don't Point:
It's rude to point out peoples mistakes. I'm going to make A LOT here in the next couple of months. Prepare yourselves, its going to get embarrassing. 
Wash your hands: 
Before you cook. Before you eat. After using the bathroom. After changing a diaper
Don't put your hands in your mouth/near your face: 
In case you didn't wash your hands in any of the before mentioned instances it will keep POO from getting inside your body. 
Take your medicine:
You know about your country's reputation for health. You know that there is a lot of improvements that need to be made. You know that there is a need for education. You know that there have to be some changes from adults. Then why don't you finish taking your medicine?
Don't pick your nose in public: 
I don't get it. I still have to stop myself from reacting when I'm speaking to someone and they start digging up there nose mid sentence. 


No comments:

Post a Comment