Monday, October 1, 2012

Temporarily Tiny

Come take a lovely and extremely short tour of my current living accommodation. Please keep in mind that this is entirely temporary. I hope. There is a house that has been being built for quite some time now that I am to eventually move into. The finishing touches for it are just cosmetic now, but until it is finished I live in what has been lovingly referred to as The Hobbit Hole. Please note that every half finished roll of toilet paper and opened bag of chips has been strategically placed to enhance your tour experience. 
Enjoy.

 Because if I manage to not loose something in my life, then chances are it is somehow functioning under sub-par conditions.
 My favorite purchase so far in Kenya it keeps my frequency of GI issues lower.
 The front of my "house". The second window on the right is not mine.
 My office. 
 My kitchen/shoe room. Charcoal stove that kills me a little softer every night, and my new electric jiko that melted my adapter into the socket this morning. Oh, and my second free bag of potatoes from my neighbor. Don't be jealous.
 My clothes closet and my up and coming bucket collection.
 Supply closet.
 File cabinet and toiletry drawer.
 Keeps things off the back of my office chair.
 I wish you could see the permanent trench I sleep in on the piece of cardboard that passes as a mattress.
 It's the only outlet I have and its falling off the wall. How do you say "I electrocuted myself" in Kiswahili?
The view from my bed to the front door.

Tickets to visit The Hobbit Hole are available all year long. Ask about children and group rates.

No comments:

Post a Comment